This free festival, held across Eltham’s town centre on 23 and 24 Febraury 2019, features over 30 of the best established and up-and-coming jazz, blues, swing and soul acts.
Set in the heart of Melbourne’s “Green Wedge”, the festival was recently ranked second in the world through the “American Express Essentials world top 20 jazz festivals”. On top of the great entertainment, there will be a mouth-watering selection of gourmet foods and locally produced wine, beer and cider available. Free children’s entertainment, including face painting, a jumping castle and craft activities, will take place between 12pm and 6pm on Pryor Street.
Festival highlights include:
- Vince Jones, Australia’s leading jazz vocalist, interpreter, trumpet player and composer, who has set a benchmark through his continual musical evolution across his 20 album, international career.
- Three-time winners of the 2018 Australian Blues Music Awards, South-Australian neo-blues act, Kings & Associates.
- The Seven Ups who blend 1970s Nigerian Afrobeat and the deepest of street funk, and take to the stage their unrestrained solos by unkempt horns and unpretentious rhythm.
- Zimbabwean born songstress Thando who has been gracing stages around Australia with her electric presence and powerhouse vocals.
- Sandie White with the Esmond Selwyn Trio, a combination of jazz greats made up of White, one of Sydney’s top jazz singers, Selwyn, one of the UK’s greatest performing jazz guitarists, drummer Brian Abrahans, who has worked with just about all the world’s top jazz artists at Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London, and Geoff Kluke who is renowned as one of Australia’s greatest bass players.
- Horns of Leroy— a punked-out seven piece raucous street band takes brass band music to a whole new level.
Come along and soak up the laid back vibes and enjoy music that makes your soul dance. Visit www.elthamjazz.com.au to view the program and find out more.
Saturday, 23 February 2019 | 11:45 AM - 11:00 PM
Sunday, 24 February 2019 | 11:15 AM - 06:00 PM