Open Farm Day will be back on 21/22 March 2020.
Participating farms and businesses across Nillumbik and Whittlesea opened their gates and showed visitors what it is like farming in Melbourne's fringe.
Follow on Facebook @OpenFarmDay for updatees.
Ever wondered what it’s like to be a farmer or eat home-grown produce?
In Nillumbik, we are home to a diverse mix of farms including fruit and veggie farms, livestock and animal farms, orchards and vineyards. Open Farm Day allows you to choose the farms you want to visit to make your own trail and experience:
Open Farm Day is an all-weather event so:
- Wear appropriate clothing
- Wear covered shoes on all farms
- Supervise your children at all times
- Leave your pets at home
- Stick to designated visitor areas on farms
- Fill your car up with fuel before you start your Open Farm Day trail.
And remember to:
- Bring your camera.
- Bring some cash to purchase some regional farm gate produce. (ATMs available at the Hurstbridge, Doreen and Mernda, and Kinglake branches of Bendigo Bank).
- Take care; these are working farms, be careful around water bodies and farm equipment and abide by any farm signage
- Drive safely. Some farms are located on single lane country roads – please be cautious
- Parking may be linited on the property. If parking on the street/roadside please do so safely.