Warrandyte River Reserve is a great place to explore with many activities and places of interest to enjoy. Fishing, swimming, paddling, local history, walking, picnics and barbecues are all popular at Warrandyte.
The Federation Playground gives the nod to Warrandyte's gold rush past with delightful gold train and trailer, a mineshaft (slide) and tunnels. Set on the picturesque banks of the Yarra River this playground is a winner with both children and families. The shade sail and picnic shelter make this playground an option for all year round picnics and outdoor play.
More special activities and attractions to enjoy in the Reserve:
- Taffy Jones Ruin
- Firewise garden display demonstrates how home gardens can be designed to reduce the potential impacts of bushfire
- There is a special swing that caters for children with limited leg movement by enabling them to swing using their arms. The swing seat is large enough for adults.
- Warrandyte Bakery is next door and other cafes are located on Yarra Street
- Picnic or barbecue along the river at Lions park, Stiggants Reserve or next to the Old Post Office Museum
- Warrandyte Riverside Market on the first Saturday of each month
Enjoy one of the many walks in Warrandyte:
- Relaxing Riverside Ramble - Warrandyte Riverside Walking Guide
- Built on Gold - Warrandyte Historic Town Walking Guide
- Off the beaten track with Building in the Warrandyte Style - Historic Warrandyte Architectural Walking Guide
There are lots of car parks along Yarra Street and at the nearby attractions and facilities.
You can bring your dog - this is an off lead area apart from the Federation playground which is a dog free zone.