COVID-19 (2020): For the latest information, please see https://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/changes-to-our-facilities-covid-19
A wooden bridge crosses Anderson Creek just above where it joins the Yarra. Andersons Creek was the original name for Warrandyte. At Stiggants Reserve, site of the monthly Warrandyte Community Market, there is a children's playground, a small amphitheatre, picnic tables, electric barbecues, public toilets and two picnic shelters.
A small wetlands area has been created by Manningham Council and the Friends of Warrandyte State Park. Each Autumn, the two-day Warrandyte Festival attracts thousands of visitors.
Above the path, adjacent to Warrandyte Village itself, are additional public toilets, the historic Gospel Chapel and the old Warrandyte Post Office, faithfully restored and home to the Warrandyte Historical Society's museum. This walk terminates at the Warrandyte bridge.
Immediate downstream is the site of the old wooden bridge, built in 1865 from yellow box timbers felled in the Stony Creek area. The old bridge was the focal point in Warrandyte for New Year celebrations, when the locals would meet to sing Auld Lang Syne to the accompaniment of bagpipes and fireworks - and sometimes exploding gelignite! The existing steel and concrete bridge was built in 1955. A smaller picnic area, with barbecues, is located at the public tennis courts, downstream from the bridge. A third set of public toilets has been provided adjacent to the bridge.