Updated 13 October 2020
Dog Mum's and Dad's never fear! We've done all the homework so your fur-child can join you on an amazing day out in the Yarra Valley.
1. A good day starts with a coffee and a cafe breakfast, our suggestion? Drop into My Little Kitchen Healesville. Latte with one and a pupacinno please!
2. Have you even visted the Yarra Valley if you didn't drop by a cellar door or two? Pooches & Pinot offer private wine tour service for you and your goodest dog.
This time last year...Lola was having a ball, honestly! She had the best deadpan expression all day! Here she is sitting on Helen’s lap at @_tarrawarra_ , sampling gin at @fourpillarsgin, cruising around at @maddensrise and loved being chauffeur driven in her very own Merc for the day? #doggos #woof #petfriendly #yarravalley #pooches #poochesandpinot #dogsofmelbourne #yourhappyspace #findyourself #dogsonholiday #holidayswithmypet #holidayswithdogs #takeyourpetau #dogsdayout #fourleggedwinetours #petfriendlywineries #petfriendlyyarravalley #winedogs #beagle #beagliersofinstagram #dogsofmelbourne @twogoodtoresist
3. Let your pooch off the leash for a bit and try one of the many off-leash parks in the Yarra Valley. New trees to pee on and new smells to sniff - this will keep tails wagging for a while.
4. Emerald Lake Park is dog friendly and a must-visit when in the Dandenong Ranges. Dogs must be on a leash but there are plenty of walks to choose from. Try the Lake Nobelius Loop Track (easy), which takes about 15 minutes, or Emerald-Cockatoo Multi-use trail (easy to moderate), about 20 minutes to walk.
5. Coffee time (again)? Head across the road to Incy Wincy & Behind the Trees in Emerald, it is a contemporary lifestyle store with an easy ‘grab and go’ hatch for coffee and other sustenance if your dog is a little too eager to explore after a big walk around Emerald Lake Park.
6. At Sassafras, Proserpina Bakehouse is ‘not to be missed’. The bread is full of country goodness (the flour is stone ground on the premises) and the lunch menu is a sweet and savoury treat fest! Set in an old garden centre, there’s plenty of outdoor seating and green space to kick back on a picnic blanket and scratch a canine belly.
7. Treat yourself and book a night away with your bestest bud at Wiggley Bottom Farm - A Luxuary Accomodation tailored for dog mum's and dad's who love to include their pooch on family getaways.
Teddy the groodle came to stay and looked right at home outside his new front door. When are YOU coming to stay? https://www.wiggleybottomfarm.com.au/ #luxuryaccommodation #romance #celebration #anniversary #couples #yarravalley #findyourself #wandervictoria #airbnb #farmstay #yarravalleyfarmstay #yarravalleybnb #dogfriendly #dogfriendlyaccommodation #romanticaccommodation #melbourneaccom #melbourne #melbournetodo #melbourneiloveyou #melbournenow #visityarravalley #poochfriendlyaccom #poochfriendly #poochstaystoo #weekendbreakyarravalley #yarravalleystay #healesville #visitvictoria #wiggleybumfarm #wiggleybottomfarm
8. DIY wine tour with our handy dandy list of pet-friendly wineries, you're welcome!
Off-leash dog parks in the Dandenong Ranges include:
- Johns Hill Lookout Reserve, Ridge Road, Kallista. Melways Reference: 124 K11 Google Maps
- Mt Morton Reserve, Chaundy Road, Belgrave South. Melways Reference: 84 D5 Google Maps
- Belgrave Lake Park, Park Avenue, Belgrave. Melways Reference: 75 G12 Google Maps
- Kalorama Memorial Reserve, Cnr Mt Dandenong Tourist Road and Grange Road, Kalorama. Melways Reference: 120 A9 Google Maps
- Richards Reserve, Copeland Drive, Montrose. Melways Reference: 52 E7 Google Maps
- Minak Reserve, Wombalana Road, Selby. Melways Reference: 124 A11 Google Maps
Off-Leash dog parks in the Yarra Valley include:
- Lilydale Lake Google Maps
- Lakeview Reserve Google Maps
- Mount Evelyn Aqueduct Trail Reserve Google Maps
- Kalorama Memorial Reserve Google Maps
- Seville Recreation Reserve Google Maps
- Wandin East Recreation Reserve Google Maps
- Yarra Glen Showgrounds Google Maps
- Belgrave Lake Park Google Maps
- Johns Hill Lookout Reserve Google Maps
- Coronation Park, Healesville Google Maps
- Don Road, Recreation Reserve Google Maps
- Wesburn Park Reserve Google Maps