This recipe is from Hum Bahadur Kunwar, Chef at Locale Restaurant, De Bortoli Yarra Valley Estate.
225g dark chocolate – 70%
185g unsalted butter
185g passionfruit puree
5 whole eggs
250g castor sugar
- Gently melt the butter, passionfruit and chocolate together over a bain marie, do not overheat.
- Whip the eggs and sugar until ribbon consistency.
- Fold the eggs and sugar together with the butter, passionfruit and chocolate.
- Grease the moulds with butter and dust with castor sugar.
- Place a round piece of baking paper in the bottom of the mould.
- Fill the moulds to ¾, cook in a bain marie at 140˚C, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cooled, scatter candied cumquats over the top.