Published 8 September 2020
Feed your feed in the spring gardens of the Yarra Valley and the Dandenong Ranges.
Flower Queen? Yes, yes you are and we're here to provide the backdrop you deserve.
1. The Wisteria Arch at Alowyn Gardens during October is the Insta/TikTok (whatever you're on) Mecca. Purple blooms sending off a flattering hue filling a whole entire tunnel. Did you even spring if you weren't seen here?
1210 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775
2. Lotus layabout at the Blue Lotus Water Garden. There are thousands (no exaggeration!) of lotus blooms here. It's the only garden of its kind in the southern hemisphere and it's only open in summer. How big are they? A baby was once photographed lolling around in one. (don't do this without asking – you'll get evicted)
2628 Warburton Highway, Yarra Junction VIC 3797
3. Today we Tulip. Tesselaar boasts almost one million flowers over five acres. This means you grab amazing colour from every angle – especially your best one. 2020 is a bit closed (damn you COVID) but keep an eye on the socials in case sneak peaks happen.
57 Monbulk Road, Silvan VIC 3795
4. Lush out on lavender. Wander along rows in the sunshine, pretend you're in France and then indulge in a Devonshire Tea – oops are you in England now? No matter, Warratina Lavender Farm helps make up for the fact that Euro travel was so yesterday.
105 Quayle Road, Wandin North VIC 3139
5. Cloudehill Gardens in Olinda is a like a garden of rooms. Find your way in some, loose yourself in others. Look for the one-hundred-year old Japanese Maple tree (which is legit amazing) and hang out with the sculptures. You'll find a perfect match!
89 Olinda-Monbulk Road, Olinda VIC 3788
6. Sunflowers are sun shiney and the actual best – especially in huge numbers. Can you grab a glimpse of these golden beauties from the roadside? Maybe - if you are a super snooper. Otherwise purchase mass bunches from a roadside stall.
CherryHill Orchards - 474 Queens Road, Wandin East VIC 31397. Cherry blossom season is short on time and big on FOMO. Try CherryHill Orchard for the full-on cherry blossom experience of rows of trees, mad views and someone that will hand you a wine or go to Rayner's Orchards for all kinds of fruit blossom and a tractor ride.
Rayner's Orchards - 60 Schoolhouse Road, Woori Yallock VIC 3139
8. Want to walk among clouds of fairy floss? Well – you can't - but you can do the crab apple tree walk at Alowyn Gardens. It's all fluffy blossom and sweet smells. Makes for a pretty magical moment.
1210 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775
9. Fields of florals. Sounds like something from the 1970s but is actually an apt way to describe the Dandenong Ranges Botanic Gardens. This is the place of garden dreaming. You know – the type where you're travelling the world and found yourself in never-before-seen paddock of flowers and you look great, the company you keep looks great and together you live that moment like is was directed for the Golden Globes.
9. Or go totally low-fi and enjoy a wild daisy walk at the RJ Hamer Arboretum when the lawns are covered in summer daisies. Look out also for the forget-me-not wildflowers. If you bought a new floral to wear this season – here is where you own that look.
Dandenong Ranges Botanic Gardens - The Georgian Rd, Olinda VIC 3788
RJ Hamer Arboretum, 10 Chalet Rd, Olinda VIC 3788
10. Ok so there isn't technically a 'garden' here, but there is a unicorn so who cares!? There are also grapevines and we're sure they're planting a garden. Just drink the wine and take that Queen photo riding on the back of a magical steed.
Helen and Joey Estate, 12-14 Spring Lane, Gruyere VIC 3770
Just keep in mind, COVID has changed access to certain places and will continue to do so. We always suggest you check with venues before arriving and adhere to current government restrictions.
#visityarravalley #visitdandenongranges #findyourself #gradenpartyyarravalley