Published 14 April 2020
Like having access to great minds in your living room, learning from experts that have never before been accessible, and taking a deep dive into all the things you love most with your precious time. We’re even predicting some of these virtual feats will remain with us long after isolife is over because they are so awesome!
Here are just some of the ways the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges is bringing their A Game (or should that be V for Virtual Game?) up close and personal – social distancing notwithstanding!
1. Yarra Valley Wine and Virtual Cellar Door - On Thursday afternoons at 5pm, the Wine Yarra Valley Instagram will be taken over by some of the regions’ best winemakers, to chat during Wine Down Time about their wines and more. Order their wine pack for a couch tasting where you can ask all your vintage questions. More info
2. Yarra Valley Writers Festival – a digital feast for words throughout May. With Sunday sessions every week and a live stream TV styled program on Saturday 9 May, plus interactive digital book clubs, you will be front and centre with extraordinary authors such as Christos Tsiolkas, Clare Bowditch, Tony Birch, Alice Pung, Charlotte Wood and more. Performances, Q&As and video stories to tuck in and enjoy! More info
3. Innocent Bystander Virtual Tastings – what are you doing this Friday at 5pm? ‘Live Tastings Bar’, a wine tasting experience held on Facebook live, hosted by IB’s very own sommelier, Margaret, is your new go to for after-work drinks! Order the wine of the week in advance and join a virtual tasting for an intimate, yet Australia wide, appreciation of the goodness of the grape. More info
4. Curated wine pack with an IGTB Virtual Tasting. Payten & Jones are doing it live with a TV show on Insta every Friday night from 7.30pm. With interactive entertainment, behind the scenes ‘how it’s made’ and top notes from winemakers, your night out in is sorted. Order the week's showcase wines online in advance for ‘right there’ action. And you can watch it back too. More info
5. Mac’s Tuesday Tipples from 6pm on Facebook Live brings Mac Forbes and a wine loving guest straight to your device. This interactive session lets you ask as many questions as your bandwidth allows! And check out their “Date Night’ delicious home delivered meals while you are there. More info
6. Don’t miss out on your favourite wine, produce and homewares – the best of the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges is online now for easy click purchasing delivering delights direct to your doorstep. More info
7. TarraWarra Museum of Art is developing a Virtual Tour and Audio guide for their current exhibition Making Her Mark: Selected Works from the Exhibition. Check here for updates. Also offering kids classes ‘Making Mondays’ every second Monday via their Facebook page. More info
8. Montsalvat Makes are live cooking classes once a week with Rebecca Jory. So far three’s been sweeties such as scones, marshmallows, cupcakes and swiss roll. More info
9. Hop It at Home Virtual Tastings give you the best wine and chocolate tasting on your doorstep. Secure your spot online, get your tasting package delivered to your doorstep and join the online tasting with the produce makers via Zoom. The pack includes 2 wines from Steels Gate Wines, 3 cuvee chocolate bars, tasting notes, delivery and Q&A. More info
10. Watts River Brewing - Friday Night Live Music on Facebook live sessions from 6pm and 'Wednesday Winos' sessions from 8pm with speical wine guests talking and tasting all things grape and more. More info
11. Puffing Billy Railway - Connect and learn more about the Puffing Billy and the friendly faces that are part of the family with virtual behind the scenes tours, visits to the workshops and museum, meet the people and delightful fauna and flora experiences of the Dandenong Ranges. Just like being there. New content loaded to the Puffing Billy Facebook page and website every Friday. More info
12. Gumbuya World are livestreaming on Youtube here. Their cheeky Dingoes can now be seen from the comfort of your home on their brand new LIVE CAM. Get to know sisters Nara & Kiata (white), Mungi (black & tan), Tallarah (white) & Yindi (tan)!
Order some takeaway, pull on those comfy pants (if you haven’t had them on all day already) and enjoy a cellar door experience that’s as real as you can get it.